“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
Toddlers have a much larger reach than infants. As they grow and learn to walk, you need to provide them with more child-friendly space, activities, materials and food to explore with their senses and whole body.
At NLK, we understand that young children grow and learn the most when they receive undivided attention and the right mental stimulation. As parents, you can be assured that our inclusive, engaging and interactive learning environments are capable of adapting to your child’s specific learning and development requirements.
The Pre- toddler program is specially designed to help toddlers prepare for the 'Pre-Schooler' phase. It comprises a series of sessions spread over weeks. The program has a theme-based curriculum that is specially designed for the preschool children who have not been able to attend the school due to the COVID -19 pandemic.
The objective of this fun-oriented and creative program is building the foundation skills of Language, Math and EVS while at the same time focussing on the extracurricular activities that will help foster independent learning, communication skills and critical thinking in a child.
Best Toddler Program for Your Child to Explore Their World
Skill-based curriculum: Based on the latest scientific research, children learn best when they are practicing and exploring materials rather than just sitting and listening to a teacher. It helps the child to become a lifelong learner. That is why the Pre-toddler Program curriculum at NLK focuses on developing crucial Foundation Skills for the ages of 2 – 3.5 years
• Fine motor skills: This involves use of small muscles such as hand, fingers, and thumb. Useful for tasks like writing, drawing and buttoning.
• Gross motor skills: It involves the use of large muscles such as arms, legs, and other large body parts. Useful for tasks like running, jumping, kicking, throwing, etc.
• Math Skills: Math skills help a child to develop mastery in logic, shapes sorting, patterning, problem-solving and numeracy.
• Linguistic Skills: Helps a child to learn English as a language rather than a subject. Listening, speaking, reading and writing are the key constituents to master a language.
• Socio-emotional Skills: These skills help kids to get prepared for K-12 schools and life beyond. Independence, Sharing, Empathy, Compassion, Perseverance and Confidence are some of the key traits that kids learn.
Everything in our toddler classroom is designed for little explorers. That’s because a lot is going on at this age. When your child is wandering all over the place that means they’re learning and discovering new things every day.
• Role play Station: Role play station is the home classroom for playgroup. Kids work on their physical skills by developing fine motor skills (small muscles in the fingers and hand-eye coordination).
• Play Station: Active play is an integral part of our curriculum. At the Play station, kids work on their gross motor skills (large muscles such as arms, legs, and other large body parts) by participating in tasks such as running, jumping, kicking, throwing and body balancing.
• Socio-Emotional skill development takes place in all skill stations.
Assessment is an important aspect of any early childhood environment. It is intertwined with a program's curriculum and serves as a marker for making decisions about curriculum and program choices.
Assessing toddlers helps early childhood teachers learn about and understand each individual child, track each child's development, and arrange early intervention strategies for any red flags or potential concerns.
For pre toddlers’ assessment will be observation-based. The teacher will observe students on following basis:
• Portfolio of the student’s work
• 1:1 meeting with the child
• Simple quizzes
• Observations of child’s work
• Involvement in various activities
Certification details: At the end of the program, children will be awarded with Milestone Achievement certificates and they will be promoted to the next class.
Payment Method: Fees will be taken in cash and parents can submit the fees directly in school office.