About NLK Group
NLK Group was founded as a path-breaking initiative to make quality education accessible to the children from the lower end of the economic strata. The envisaged group of institutions came into being at the turn of the century and with it started a movement of educating the children for the challenges of the new century. Children are nurtured and their potentialities are honed in the caring and progressive educational ecosystems of the schools of the NLK group.
Schools of the NLK Group are co-educational and secular institutions with over six thousand students from the city of Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. The Group is helping the nation harness the demographic dividend that would have suffered due to the lack of opportunities among the middle sections of population.
The School works along the lines of the globally accepted educational motto “We teach how to think, not what to think”. The challenges of the dynamic nature of knowledge and changing scenarios of the industry and society are met successfully by the students of NLK Group of Schools as they are educated with matching dynamism.
Shri Hiralal Khanna Ji
1889 - 1965
Founded the Kanpur Education Society
The governing body of NLK Group of Schools was founded by Late Shri Hira Lal Khanna Ji way back in 1947. He was one of the most eminent educationalist of the province. He was an illustrious industrialist and scholar who had understood the importance of imparting education to the masses.
Shri Nandlal Khanna Ji
1917 - 1985
In whose memory the school was founded
He strongly believed that education is a lifelong process. People fondly remember him for his concern for the underprivileged. He provided educational opportunities to the deserving. He has left behind an extraordinary legacy and the same legacy and the same legacy was carried forward. The NLK Family is privileged to follow his footsteps.
Smt. Pushpa Khanna Ji
1925 - 2017
After completion of Masters degree in Hindi she opened a Home Science Institute for women in Kanpur in the 1960s on the model of Lady Irwin College in New Delhi. In the year 1987, she started Shri Nandlal Khanna Vidya Mandir at Vishnupuri in memory of her husband Late Shri Nandlal Khanna Ji with just seven students on roll.